In Windows 11, the text edit toolbar has a dark mode which is customizable to not be too distracting. This can make it easier for people with poor eyesight or color vision deficiency (CVD) to read their computer screens without strain. However, this only works on certain apps and websites in Windows 11.
The “windows 11 blurry text” is a problem that many people have experienced. This tutorial will help you fix the issue.
LCD displays, unlike older CRT (cathode-ray tube) monitors, contain fixed pixels. Fonts and graphics on LCD panels may easily seem fuzzy and pixelated due to the way they function. If you’re having trouble seeing text on your computer displays with Windows 11, try changing the resolution of your monitor to its native resolution first.
Unless you adjust it, Windows utilizes native resolution for all of your displays by default. When you modify the screen resolution in Windows using Display Settings, the native resolution of your monitor will appear as the “Recommended” resolution in the drop-down selection. Text may seem fuzzy and difficult to read if you use a lower non-native resolution.
If text remains too light and difficult to see after applying native resolution, or if you must continue to use non-native resolution for whatever reason, you may use ClearType in Windows 11 to assist smooth the text and make it darker and easier to read.
ClearType is a Windows feature that uses subpixel rendering to smooth the typeface and make text more readable on LCD panels. You may use ClearType to change and tweak text to make it clearer and easier to see on the screen if it looks to be too thin, light, less-sharp, or otherwise difficult to read. This tutorial will teach you how to utilize ClearType in Windows 11 to make text darker and easier to read.
In Windows 11, make text darker and easier to see.
1. Use Start to search for “ClearType” and then pick “Adjust ClearType text” from the results.
2. To activate ClearType, tick the “Turn on ClearType” option in the ClearType Text Tuner window, then click Next. If you do not choose this option, the wizard will continue and allow you to complete and save your preferences, but the tuning will not be implemented until ClearType is enabled.
3. On the next page, you’ll have to choose which monitor you’d want to modify. This screen will not display if you just have one monitor, therefore you may skip this step. If you have more than one monitor, choose the one you wish to tune and choose “No, just tune the monitor I pick.” If you have several monitors with various resolutions, it is advised that you adjust them one by one. To continue, click Next.
4. You will then be prompted to alter your monitor’s screen resolution to its native resolution. When elements like text are presented at native resolution, this is the ideal method for making them seem considerably clearer and crisper. To proceed, choose Change to native resolution and then click Next.
You may still fine-tune the text using ClearType if you need to preserve your current resolution for some reason. If this is the case, choose Keep existing resolution and then click Next to continue.
5. The wizard will then guide you through a series of windows, instructing you to choose the text sample that best suits your needs on each one. Use your best judgment, just as with a vision exam, and choose the text sample that is the clearest, sharpest, darkest, and easiest to read.
6. When you’ve finished adjusting the text, click Finish to make the changes (only if you turn on ClearType during step 2).
If you want to tune the text for different monitors, repeat the method above, selecting the monitor you want to tune the text for in step 3, then finishing the remainder of the steps to finish tuning for the monitor.
This article demonstrates how to use ClearType technology in Windows 11 to make text darker, clearer, sharper, and simpler to read.
Nyau Wai Hoe’s last update was on March 4, 2022.
The “how to fix blurry screen windows 10” is a problem that can be encountered by many Windows users. The article will help you with the solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make my computer text easier to read?
A: You can change the text size in Windows to make it a little easier on your eyes.
How do I make font darker in Windows 11?
A: To make the font darker, right-click on it and click Highlight Style. This will open up a window where you can adjust how dark your text is.
How do I darken the text on my computer?
A: You can darken your text on your computer by typing a few words and then pressing the backspace key. When you do this, it will change to the previous color that was active
- why is my text pixelated windows 10
- adjust sharpness windows 10
- text looks pixelated on monitor
- windows 10 blurry screen fix 2020
- blurry text on monitor windows 7