Miracast is a wireless standard that allows devices to connect wirelessly and transfer data, such as videos or pictures. Unfortunately, the graphics drivers in Windows 10/11 do not support Miracast; however there are some workarounds on how to fix this issue by using different software programs.
Windows 10/11 has a few bugs that cause the “miracast not supported” issue. The graphics drivers are one of these bugs, and Microsoft will fix this issue in a future update.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
24th of March, 2022
Originally published in January 2021.
- You can’t project your screen because Miracast isn’t supported by your graphics driver.
- Miracast is a wireless technology that lets you broadcast video from your phone or tablet to a TV or projector.
- Check to see whether the gadgets are compatible first. If Miracast is not supported, this tutorial will teach you how to repair it.
- You must also confirm your connection. It might sometimes be as simple as that.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose DriverFix to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will maintain your drivers up to date, ensuring that you are protected against frequent computer issues and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers right now in three simple steps:
- DriverFix may be downloaded here (verified download file).
- To discover all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To receive fresh versions of drivers and prevent system failures, go to Update Drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded DriverFix.
So you want to connect your gadget to a new display through wifi. However, something goes awry, and you get an error message stating that your graphics drivers do not support Miracast.
What could we possibly do about it? Before we go into the answers, let’s discuss about what Miracast is and how it works.
In basic words, Miracast operates in the same way that an HDMI cable does, but without the need to plug it in.
This function allows you to mirror the screens of different devices such as tablets and laptops to monitors, TVs, and projectors without the necessity of a USB connection.
The options are almost endless. So, enough with the theorizing; let’s go back to figuring out how to solve Miracast not working.
On Radeon graphics, why am I receiving Miracast: not supported by graphics driver?
If you see this problem, it’s likely that your device doesn’t support Miracast at all, so make sure you fulfill the minimum requirements.
Even if your PC satisfies the minimum requirements, it’s conceivable that the Microsoft display adapter isn’t working because of a problem.
This may also happen if your AMD driver fails, so try reinstalling or updating it to see if it helps.
What can I do if my graphics drivers don’t support Miracast?
- Make sure Miracast is supported.
- Install Miracast.
- Replace your network drivers if necessary.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working.
- Turn off your VPN.
1. Make sure Miracast is supported.
1.1 Make sure your network adapter is up to date.
- To launch the Run dialog box, press Windows key + R.
- Press Enter after typing powershell in the box.
- To check whether you have the correct network adapter driver version, type the following command and press Enter: Select Name, ndisversion with Get-netadapter|select Name, ndisversion with Get-netadapter|select Name, nd
- If the displayed returned result is more than 6.30, your computer is ready to handle Miracast in terms of network capability.
- Powershell should now be closed.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
1.2 Make sure your graphics card is up to date.
- To launch the Run dialog box, press Windows key + R. In this run box you’ll type dxdiag and press Enter to open the DirectX Diagnostic page;
- Expand the Display tab and look for the Driver Model at the bottom of the Drivers column after the page has loaded. Your machine is not compatible with a Miracast connection if the driver model does not indicate WDDM 1.3 or above.
Finding out whether your system can handle Miracast in the first place is often the simplest method to solve an issue.
2. Install Miracast.
- Turn on the device to which you want to project.
- Select Devices by pressing Windows key + I.
- In the Bluetooth & other devices section, click Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Wireless display or dock from the drop-down menu.
- To project your Windows 10 PC to it, click your display device.
- You’re ready to go; have fun.
3. Replace your network drivers if necessary.
- Enter devmgmt.msc in the box by pressing Windows key + R and pressing Enter.
- Right-click on your Wireless Network Adapter and choose Uninstall Device from the Network Adapters menu.
- Restart your computer.
- On start-up Windows will Replace your network drivers if necessary..
- You’re all set to go.
If the error keeps showing up, then the best solution is to just uninstall and Replace your network drivers if necessary..
In certain cases, you’re dealing with corrupted drivers or a bad installation, and reinstalling them is the best remedy.
Reinstalling your drivers should not be difficult, but to ensure that you install the correct drivers and save time, we suggest utilizing a professional program to do it automatically.
4. Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working.
- To launch a Run box, press Windows key + R.
- Type ms-settings:network-wifi and press Enter to open the Network & internet Settings menu.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is switched on.
Because Miracast utilizes Wi-Fi Direct, the only thing you need to worry about is making sure your devices are on the same network.
More information about this subject may be found here.
5. Turn off your VPN.
Some third-party VPN systems will routinely refuse Wi-Fi Direct connections. To resolve any connection troubles, it’s a good idea to deactivate the VPNs in question.
You may also turn off your antivirus software and firewall. Remember to turn on your security programs as soon as possible to keep your computer safe.
We hope that these improvements will be of assistance to you. In the meanwhile, what devices are you currently projecting on? Let us know what you think in the comments area below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you? 3
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Miracast is a wireless display technology that allows you to wirelessly send video and audio from your computer, smartphone or tablet to a TV or projector. However, there is no support for this feature in Windows 10/11. Reference: miracast driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Miracast not supported by my graphics driver?
A: You need to update your graphics drivers.
How do I fix Miracast not supported on Windows 10?
A: There is no way for you to fix Miracast not supported on Windows 10. This is due to Microsofts decision, and it will always be this way with the latest version of their operating system.
How do I enable Miracast on Windows 11?
A: If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, on your device go to the display settings and change from Airplane mode (flight) to Wi-Fi Direct. You should now see an additional option under wireless networks called Miracast. Select it.
- miracast available, no hdcp
- miracast not supported by graphics driver reddit
- windows 11 miracast not supported
- miracast not supported by wifi driver
- miracast compatible graphics card