On the eve of Super Bowl LIII, you might be wondering which sportsbooks have offered the best odds for each team. Here is a list and poll from The Daily Dot to help with your decision on which book to use this weekend:
The “army-navy game 2021” is a college football game between the Army Black Knights and Navy Midshipmen. The two will meet on December 14, 2021 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Army-Navy will go down in history as one of the most heavily bet regular-season college football games ever at U.S. bookmakers, with tens of millions of dollars on the line throughout the country.
• Except for Ohio State-Michigan, more bets were made on Army-Navy at Caesars Sportsbook than on any other regular-season college football game.
• On a Saturday with a full slate of NBA, NHL, and college basketball games as well as a UFC card, Army-Navy had more money riding on it than any other matchup.
• Army-Navy drew more wagers than the entirety of Sunday’s NFL matchups at certain bookies. And, get this: Army-Navy wasn’t even on the betting board in the United States’ biggest betting market. Sportsbooks are not permitted to accept wagers on college tournaments held in the state of New Jersey. MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey hosted the game.
However, there were plenty of huge bets in other places. The amount wagered on Army-Navy was larger than that wagered on a typical non-prime-time NFL game, according to Jason Scott, BetMGM’s vice president of trading. According to Scott, a major portion of the money wagered on this year’s game came from five high-rollers who together put $1 million on Army-Navy.
Scott told ESPN, “The big guys needed someplace to gamble today.” “This is regular procedure for these men. It’s the magnitude of their typical wager.”
The Midshipmen defeated the Black Knights 17-13 as 7-point underdogs.
A daily sports betting news and information program (ESPN2, 6-7 p.m. ET) that attempts to better serve the millions of sports fans who engage in sports gambling by providing in-depth analysis. Take a look »
For gamblers, the game’s over/under total, which finished at 35.5, tied with Iowa-Wisconsin for the lowest of the season, was a big draw. It was the 16th consecutive Army-Navy game to finish under the total, much to the pleasure of a Caesars Palace punter who spent $135,000 on under 35.5 overall and $150,000 on under 16 in the second half.
“Navy-Army was our highest handle on a college football game this season,” said John Murray, the SuperBook’s executive director. “We took a lot of Army money-line [bets], and it was arguably the finest handling I’ve ever seen on a college football total.”
Navy’s outright upset was well-received by the bookies, but Sunday was a different story.
Pro Football Hall of Famers
• On Sunday, NFL favorites won 10 of 11 consecutive games and finished 9-2 against the spread.
Because of the rush of favorites, bookmakers are counting on the Bears to hold their own against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in the prime-time game to escape one of their most costly Sundays of the season.
“Everything the public and the sharps backed turned to gold today,” Craig Mucklow, Caesars Sportsbook’s director of trading, told ESPN before of the Sunday night game, adding that if the Packers covered the spread against the Bears, the book would have its worst Sunday of the NFL season.
The Packers came up on top 45-30.
“For the customers, it’s been a fantastic day,” Mucklow added.
NFL: MVP and Super Bowl futures to keep an eye on NFL: Each team’s win-loss record against the spread Gonzaga is favored to win the championship again again, according to CBB. NBA Power Index is a betting tool that can help you win more money. Best bets in the NBA for the 2021-22 season MLB: Dodgers are the favorites to win the ’22 World Series NHL: Season’s best long-term bets NHL betting trends in the third period
Chalk it up to ESPN.
• As the late-afternoon games came to a close, Jeff Stoneback, director of BetMGM sportsbooks in Nevada, summed up the day: “It’s not going to be good, but it might be very nasty.”
Stoneback said in an email a few hours later, after the 49ers and Buccaneers both covered the spread with touchdowns in overtime “We’ve struck a snag. It was one of the most dreadful days of the year.”
• Only one game was covered as a 3-point underdog by several bookmakers on Sunday afternoon: the Ravens covering as 3-point underdogs in a 24-22 defeat to the Browns. Cleveland led 24-3 early in the third quarter, but the Ravens scored the game’s last 19 points, capped by a Mark Andrews touchdown catch with 1:17 left after quarterback Lamar Jackson was injured in the first half.
“We had no business covering that game,” Murray of the SuperBook said, adding that several large bets on the Browns arrived late Sunday morning at their Colorado location, The Lodge Casino. “After Lamar Jackson left, we all seemed to be dead. I’m amazed the Ravens were able to cover the game. We’ll gladly accept it. That was the only team we were rooting for all day, and it was the one that brought us the money.”
The only other underdog to cover in the afternoon was the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons beat the Panthers 29-21, covering the spread in the only outright shock of the day.
The only reason Sunday wasn’t the worst of the season for the SuperBook, according to Murray, is that total traffic is normally lower at this time of year. “The lights would be going out if we had a Sunday when the favorites were 10-2 or 9-3 in Weeks 1 or 2,” Murray joked. “Not really,” says the narrator.
• A gambler at the Borgata Sportsbook in Atlantic City, New Jersey, made a $73,500 wager on the Buccaneers to win the NFC South at -10,000 odds on Saturday morning for a chance to earn $735. The Borgata’s sportsbook director, Thomas Gable, said he sees high-dollar bets on big favorites from a variety of clientele.
“I know some people instinctively assume a person is laundering money when they hear about this sort of wager,” Gable told ESPN. “But trust me, there are plenty of compliance checks and signals when someone is genuinely trying to do anything like that.”
With four games left in the AFC South, the Buccaneers hold a four-game advantage. The Saints will visit them next week, and they’ll play the Jets and Panthers twice more before the season ends. Tampa Bay seems to be the favorite to win the division, with a 1 percent return possible in little over a month.
“Honestly, I’m not sure whether people believe they can receive a better return than if they put it in a bank account with interest,” Gable added. “Outside of a bank account, most other investing vehicles pose some risk, so I’m not sure whether they consider these bets to be riskier or not.”
• The line for the Dallas-Washington game shifted dramatically early Sunday. In the hours leading up to kickoff, the Cowboys jumped from -4.5 to -6.5.
On Sunday morning in New Jersey, sharp money on the Cowboys showed up at the SuperBook. Chris Bennett, sportsbook manager at Circa Sports in Las Vegas, said gamblers who like to monitor for changes in odds at major offshore sportsbooks and wager appropriately selected Dallas at -4.5, -5.5, and -6, but one of his smartest clients took the Football Team at +6.5.
Dallas took a 24-0 lead and held on for a 27-20 victory.
“That was our worst game of the day,” stated BetMGM’s Stoneback. “It was a mix of public and private money,” says the author.
• “We needed the New York teams today,” said Jay Croucher, PointsBet’s director of trading. “It was like bringing knives to a gunfight with [Giants QB] Mike Glennon and [Jets QB] Zach Wilson.”
The Giants were beaten 37-21 by the Chargers as 9-point underdogs, while the Jets were defeated 30-9 by the Saints as 4.5-point underdogs.
• The first half of the Bears-Packers game went beyond the total (43) with the Bears leading 27-21 at halftime. It’s the first time a game has gone over in the first half since the 49ers-Saints and Colts-Buccaneers games on Dec. 8, 2019, when both went over.
• Illinois bettors favored the Packers. Green Bay won 91 percent of the money placed on the game at Caesars Sportsbook in Illinois. In Illinois, PointsBet stated that the Packers had 76 percent of the money.
• At Caesars Sportsbook on Sunday morning, 10 of the day’s 13 games had more under bets than over bets. The score was 9-3-1 in favor of the overs.
• Going into Monday Night Football, the point spread between the Arizona Cardinals and the Los Angeles Rams was narrowing. The Cardinals were only laying two late Sunday after opening as 3-point favorites.
What were the chances of it happening?
— +23.5 Last Monday, Texas Southern basketball defeated Florida 69-54 as a 23.5-point underdog. It’s the greatest upset of the season thus far in college basketball.
At Caesars Sportsbook, Alabama quarterback Bryce Young has 9-1 chances to win the Heisman Trophy this season. Entering Saturday’s award presentation, Young was the overwhelming favorite at -6,000.
— -6.5 In the Quick Lane Bowl, Nevada was a 6.5-point favorite over Western Michigan. Western Michigan is a 3.5-point favorite a week later. Carson Strong, the quarterback for Nevada, is expected to sit out the bowl game.
Watch This Video-
The “nba best bets” is a blog that provides the latest NBA betting information. The blog also includes some of the most recent trends in betting as well as current news about the NBA.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common bets?
A: The most common bets are the long shot, head to head and straight up.
What are fun bets called?
A: Fun bets are often a type of gambling where you would bet on something that is most definitely going to happen. For example, if the outcome of an event was already heavily tipped in one direction, people might wager against it instead.
What does +7 mean in bets?
A: +7 is a multiplier. This means in the standard case, you bet $2 and get back $14. In this example, that would be a payout of 100%.
- prop bets
- nba bets
- minty bets